Thursday, December 8, 2011

higher than I.

Between writing my paper that is SO close to being done and reviewing notes for my last exam tomorrow (whoo)  I wanted to share a psalm that really touched me today. Sometimes when you have so much going on - things to do, school to finish, dinner to make - and stress begins to take over, you forget how big God is and how unimportant our daily rituals really are. Yes, they are important in that "you better get them done", but when you are not making God the first importance, there is a problem. God has so much He wants to tell you and me and so much He wants to teach us in this life. When I go a day without reading my Bible or just talking to God, my day never seems 100% complete or fulfilling. For me, it always feels like I ignored the gift that was sitting next to me all day, but didn't open. Ignoring something so beautiful, that it hurts afterward. I think that's how God wants it to be though. I just can't get over Him. ahhh I really can't. I don't know how long I have on this earth, but I do know that I want to live the time that I do have seeking the beauty of Jesus.

I'm always reminding myself that He is more.
He is enough.
He is all I need.
He is my strength
my song
my hope
my tower

He is higher than I.
I'm so thankful for that.

{Psalm 61}

Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.


For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah


For You, O God, have heard my vows;
You have given me the heritage of those you fear Your name.
You will prolong the king's life,
His years as many generations.
He shall abide before God forever.
Oh prepare mercy and truth which may preserve him!


So I will sing praise to Your name forever.
That I may daily perform my vows.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for commenting.