Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday | How Love Wins

Lord Jesus,

Today is the day we remember the sacrifice You made. You surrendered Your holy body so that the sinners who placed You upon that cross could be saved. In all You did, You gave up Yourself freely so that we may be given the gift of grace through Your blood. Everything that was done to You is what we deserve, but You loved us with such an unconditional, pure love that You died in our place so we could know You, love You, and live for You. You gave it all, Lord. There is no excuse of why I should not do the same for You. You took the scourging, the crown of thorns, the beatings, the pain....
You took them all without a word escaping from Your lips. You took it all for me.
While Your hands and feet were being nailed into the cross, You remembered me.
God, Your love has no limits. I will never know how much it cost to see my sins upon that cross.
Let me never forget all that You did for me and are continuing to do for me.
All I can say is thank you.




This is how love wins
every single time
climbing high upon a tree for someone else to die
this is how love heals
the deepest part of you
letting Himself bleed into the middle of your wounds
this is what love says
standing at the door
you don't have to be who you've been before
silenced by His voice
death can't speak again
this is how love wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for commenting.